I received a BB&T Visa Gift card earlier this year and decided I would put it to good use on Amazon. I put my items in the card, added the card like a regular form of payment and checked out. Ten minutes later, I received an email that my payment had been declined and I needed to fix that. Half an hour and lots of googling later, I was no closer to ordering.
I remembered in one forum, however, someone mentioned registering their card. I assumed they were talking about activating the card by calling the number and setting a pin (which I had done). Apparently he wasn’t, and the rest of this post will be a quick how-to guide on using your BB&T Visa Gift Card on Amazon (so you don’t waste over an hour of your life!).
- Call the number on the sticker on your card. If you removed it already, it’s 866-594-2076.
- Go here. It’s the BB&T Gift Card main page.
- Enter the card number, cvv on the back, and the last 4 digits of the phone number you called from back on the first step.
- Now that you’re logged in, click register card.
- Fill out the information on the next page. It should look something like this:
- After you click continue, you’ll have to put in some (of the strangest) security answers. Choose any four that you like and click continue.
- It’ll bring you to a confirmation page with all your information and the answers to your security questions. Click “submit” at the bottom right and it’ll bring you to the confirmation screen.
- Congratulations! You now wasted significantly less time setting up your BB&T card to use on Amazon than I did. You can now use the gift card on Amazon like a regular card.